Sunday, April 10, 2011

Should A Mother Have An Abortion If The Mother Is Going To Die When She Gives Birth To Her Baby?

This question was posted in another place so I wanted to make a post and address this issue.

Should A Mother Have An Abortion If The Mother Is Going To Die When She Gives Birth To Her Baby?

There are a couple things we must remember here.

1. Abortion in these cases are literally less than 1% of all abortions performed in the US, this does not make it OK I just want people to understand how rare it is. Most abortions are done for none medical reasons.

2. Who says the mother is going to die? The doctor lol! Is he or she God, do they know all,l and can they say they know with 100% accuracy that the mother will die? Even if they could is it OK to kill a innocent baby because he/she may have to live the rest of their life without their mother? How many born children and adults live without their mothers? Should they no longer be allowed to live like some say about the unborn?

People who justify abortion on the bases of self defense or to save the life of the mother are assuming that the surgical abortion procedure is safer than the child birth it self. Logically if a woman is so sick that she can't even give birth to her child why would it be any safer to give her a surgery to kill her child? This is not logical do they not know that the mother still has a risk of death during an abortion. In fact since the legalization of abortion 347 known cases of healthy woman have died because of so called safe legal abortions, take an unhealthy woman and give her an abortion and her chance of death from the procedure would be even greater logically! See the Blackmun Wall  for information of the documented cases of woman who have died from legal abortion.  The truth is doctors don't know not even a small fraction of everything that can and will happen to our bodies, they are often wrong to say the least. It is not for them to say if a mother will live or die in fact they could not even tell you with 100% accuracy that the mother will in fact die, that is impossible. Even if a doctor could be right most of the time and  tells a woman she has a 50% chance of death so she should have an abortion to spare her child a life without her, if anything that means she has a 50% chance of living! Even if the doctor can say she has a 70% chance at death after birth that means she has a 30% chance of living! Even if the doctor can say the mother has a 80% chance of death after birth, that means she has a 20% chance of living!

As mother of two I would not ever think about killing my unborn child on the bases that a doctor has told me I may die in child birth, not even if He told me I had a 99% chance of death! That still leaves a 1% chance of living to be with my family and dam it I will take that 1% and I will do what ever is possible for me and my baby to come out alive! If that is not the case, then at least I can die in peace knowing that I chose for my child to live! Even if we both died, at least we tried!

"I would rather die allowing my child to live, than live knowing I killed my child!"

Many pro-choicers claim that we pro-lifers want the human fetus (unborn human being) to have more rights than the mother, or they say that we think that the human fetus is more important than his/her mother. This is not the case and being a life long educated pro-lifer I can safely say, that is not true!  We don't think that the unborn human being is more important than the mother, we say they have equal importance! Both lives must be treated as equally worthy of the right to life, so those caring for them must work to the preservation of both lives!

The pro-choicers say that "A fetus is not viable until 24 weeks. Viable means it can survive outside the womb and until 24 weeks this is impossible." That is the pro-choice concept of viable and I can tell you about those who are born and don't even fit this description of viable! Viability is no excuse to brutally murder and innocent human life! The unborn human person is viable as long as his/her basic needs are met, no different from anyone of us. Food, water and shelter! The mothers womb provides all three.

Abortion In Self Defense?

They use pregnancy as a euphemism for baby, but they can't tell us what the baby did wrong to want to kill his/her own mother and deserve the death penalty! They say it is legal to kill someone who is not viable as in those on life support. They  live in a world that determines right and wrong by if it is legal or not! Would those same people consider heroin use morally right if it is  made legal, and then do nothing when your child came home with it? They think that it is OK to kill your own child simply because a doctor says you may die.

What about ectopic pregnancy?

I want to make it clear that when we are talking about abortion to save a mothers life we are not referring to an ectopic pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancy is not a induced abortion!! It is a emergency surgical procedure intended to remove the tube that has the implanted embryo/baby inside. The intent is not to kill the child but to save the mother from rupture, THE BABY WILL NOT AND COULD NOT SURVIVE in the tube if left alone as it would in the womb provided that miscarriage does not take place.What we are including in this issue is an abortion on any unborn baby that could have otherwise been treated along with the mother. The pro-life position simply wants the life of both mother and baby to be treated equally not to intentionally kill the baby in order to save the mother.

Of course all situations of this nature are unique and must be treated as such. The pro-life position only wants the basic fundamental right to life of both mother and child to be recognized but not at the expense of one over the other!



For more info like this from unborn human rights please follow this blog and visit us at Face Book and or You Tube as always you can find us on the net, unborn human rights! See this blog for details...

4 comments:

  1. Ok this post is seriously ticking me off. So you are saying that the life of a piece of tissue is more important thant the life of a full grown human being? Someone that may have to go home and tka ecare of other children? Someone who, if she dies, her fetus is going to die too? She has fmaily and friends who love her and she is supposed to die for someone else"That's like saying the life of a cricket is more important than the life of a human being. This is the only case i think abortion is 100% ok. Whatif your daughter was put into this curcumstance? Your mother? Your best friend? You? Life is precious. And by attempting to save that baby you're taking away the life of the mother. If the mother chooses to keep her life does that make her a horrible person who will burn in hell? Yeah the mother would have to go through surgery to save herself (abortion) but she'd have to go through a hell of a lot of medical preccedures if she was to save the baby and murder herself as well. No surgery = both dead. If wewere to stand around every day and let god do his will half of the population would be dead. The life of the fetus is not more important than the life of the mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recently, I was informed that my fiancee's ex and his wife were told by a doctor that if she has the baby, she will die. Considering the source (the ex) and knowing that they have a full-house already with 3 other kids, I can't help but to think that this is an excuse to have an abortion that would not cause others to think that they simply had an abortion because they don't want another baby.

    I hope for the mother involved, that IF what was said is true and there is NO other alternative, she does what SHE feels is right. She has other children to provide for.

    If the story is simply to gain sympathy and to lessen the negative feelings towards those who are against abortion, I can honestly say that it makes me sick to my stomach.

    I am a lesbian in a committed relationship with my fiancee. We can't "accidently" get pregnant, and we are so looking forward to having a child together (as best we can, considering we are both women). Learning of this particular situation and then finding out in the same week that another aquaintance found out she is pregnant (unplanned) and is contemplating abortion has changed my opinion of abortion completely.

    I'm not a mother, and I want to be. I'd love to "accidently" get pregant, be there from the time of comception to the birthday, and experience all there is to experience as a new mama.

    I'm angry, and this whole situation has consumed my thoughts for the past few weeks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Furthermore, if I were pregnant, and my doctor said... kill it or YOU will die, that single opinion would not cause me to have an abortion immediately. I'd want a second, third, however many opinions to MAKE SURE. And even then, I would sacrifice my life for the chance to give life to my child.

    Things change as you get older. You are no loger selfish and you are strong-minded when it comes to things that matter the most.

    I just don't know how to come to an understanding of the why's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abortion is never justified, it is murder. It is never OK to kill a child born or unborn. It is not up to us to do what we feel is right. We don't make up what is right or wrong it just is what it is. Dr's don't really know who will live and who will die, we muat trust is God who knows all and accept his will what ever that may be. We don't kill our child because some person no matter how educated says so!! We must always do what is right and trust that no matter what happens God is the one in control. The fact that a women has other children to provide for makes no difference, any born sibling would rather see their brother or sister live then be the cause of their death. Sorry Johnny but I had to kill your sister because you were born first, pretty sick if you ask me. I hope you all can see my point. I would rather die at least trying to save my child's life than die knowing that I killed my child!

    My prayers go out to all who are considering abortion, God we can love them both no matter what, please let them live!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Anonymous poster. I am sorry to hear about this situation. Unfortunetly many people justify abortion in many ways and they are wrong. All you can do is fight for the rights of this baby openly and honestly. Also please pray for this child and all who are contemplating abortion. It makes me sick too, when I hear of situations like this! I don't feel however that any pregnancy is an accident all children are a unique creation willed by God to be here with us. Sure the cercumstances may differ and many children are conceived in situations that are not ideal but who are we to judge who must live and die? As for "makeing sure" there is no make sure, you trust creation or you don't, you make the best of bad situations or you continue the evil. I appreciate your pro-life : ) and thank you for your reply to my post.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.